Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What I love about Valentine's Day - some no-cost ideas for parents to make a nice day for the kids

If you'd prefer something more snarky, Click here. ;)

I love making Valentines Day special for the kids. But honestly I NEVER plan ahead, I always forget... every year. I'm terrible like that. ;) So here's what I do to make a no-cost V-Day for the kids (& the pup!).



Use both pieces.



Heart-shaped PB&J's for my daughter's lunch box.







Heart-shaped "bird's nests" for breakfast.

Plus I drew hearts with a sharpie on her baggie of organic animal crackers, cut a heart out of red construction paper, wrote "Happy Valentines Day! We Love You!" on it & taped an organic loli-pop to the other side for a treat for her lunch, & tonight I'll make "steak" fries, shaped like hearts, & baked in the oven & serve them next to a salad &... something else, I haven't planned that far ahead yet. ;) More pics to come.

For the pup - peanut butter toast for breakfast & special treats thought the day. :)

Happy Valentines Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment