Monday, February 6, 2012

Hanging Rack - Easy to Label, Wipe, & Re-Label (upcycled from scrap wood)

Previously, I'd hung 4 hooks on my daughters wall but that quickly proved to be too few hooks for her many items that I wanted for her to keep off of her floor. I wanted to hang more hooks but didn't want to add more holes in the Sheetrock. I had a scrap piece of wood leftover from another project that I attached these 7 hooks to & hung on her wall. But it didn't look "finished" enough, plus I wanted to be able to easily label her hooks & easily change the labels if I needed, hence the chalkboard paint.
Want to make your own? Here's what you'll need:
Scrap wood, cut to size if needed
Hooks & screws, as many or as few as you want
Wall hangers (I used 50-lb rated hangers)
chalkboard paint & brush
Chalk - various colors make for a fun, cheery board

This is the hook board without chalkboard paint, looking woefully unfinished.


After the paint dried, I hung the board & used a variety of colors to label and decorate it.

Here is her hook board with her jewelry organizer. Click here for the jewelry organizer tutorial.

Over-the-door shoe, hat, glove, & tights organizer, hook board, & jewelry organizer. She has no excuse for this stuff to ever be messy & disorganized again. ;)
If you've enjoyed this tutorial, please follow my blog. I love to share upcycling tutorials with folks who appreciate making nice items on the cheap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment