Saturday, January 28, 2012

Warm Winter Walk in the Woods (& fun with Hipstamatic)

A warm winter walk in the woods is always wonderfully welcome.

Okay. Done with the alliteration now. ;)

It's been unseasonably warm & free of snow here this month. As much as I love New Hampshire in the winter (snowshoeing!!) it was nice to get out today with minimal layers & enjoy a stroll through the woods with no biting wind, which is sometimes an issue this time of year.

You'll notice I didn't do much experimenting with different lenses or film - my son, who I was carrying on my back with the Ergo (review to come!) does NOT like it when I stop to take a quick shot, so standing in one place for 30-40 seconds while experimenting was out of the question. ;-)


(Above)
Lens: Tejas
Film: Ina's 1969
Flash: None


(Above)
"Twisting Trees"
This pair of birches, one silver & one paper white, wrapped around each other 3 times, it was quite sweet.
Lens: Libatique 73
Film: Ina's 1969
Flash: none


(Above)
"Winter Moss"
It's amazing just how green the moss stays, even in the winter. Usually it's all covered in 1-3 feet of snow by this time, so I've never seen it before.
Lens: Tejas
Film: Ina's 1969
Flash: None


(Above)
"Winter Reflection"
This one just speaks for itself. Peace...
Lens: Tejas
Film: Ina's 1969
Flash: None


(Above)
"Living Winter"
It was amazing just how many lichens & wild spearmint (both pictured above) were visible in the middle of Winter.
Lens: Tejas
Film: Ina's 1969
Flash: None









(Above, all 3)
"Winter 'Stained Glass' Ice" I, II, & III
I've never seen ice form in such a linear way before. It was quite stunning.
Lens: Tejas
Film: Ina's 1969
Flash: None

No comments:

Post a Comment