Friday, January 27, 2012

Juicing Today - "Watermelon Pineapple Punch" & "Carrot Cocktail"

Even though my husband and I have finished our first juice fast, we still want to incorporate juices into our everyday diet. Today I made the Watermelon Pineapple Punch & Carrot Cocktail.

I like to lay out all of the ingredients ahead of time.


Watermelon-Pineapple Punch
Ingredients (makes 3 jars, 3/4 full):
1/4 watermelon (rind removed)
1 lemon (peeled)
5 oranges (peeled)
1/2 pineapple (cored & rind removed)
I like to put the juice, even the juice I'm planning on drinking right away, in empty sauce jars or mason jars, that way I can easily shake them up before each sip - the juices settles quickly.


Carrot Cocktail
Ingredients (makes 1 jar full):
2 organic apples (cored)
2 small beets
1 orange (peeled)
3 carrots


This is the Carrot Cocktail. Don't let the unearthly reddish color put you off, it's really quite good. ;)


The wonderful thing about juicing is the wonderful food scraps it makes for the compost pile. :) Waste not!


Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment